Advertisement

Review: Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige

For the past 3 weeks, I had no choice but to wake up at 4:00 AM to be in school before 6:30 AM. I'll be having the same crazy schedule for 2 months. I am not used to sleeping early so you can now imagine how dark my undereyes are. Good thing, someone with a huge heart invented concealers. One of the greatest invention of all time is my new bestfriend. I can  not leave the house without dabbing concealer on my undereye circles. Not just because I want to hide the proof of my sleepless nights but also to make my face look more awake.

I have been doubling up the use of my foundation as a concealer but due to the change in my work routine, I have to get a concealer that would, of course, conceal. That is the reason why I picked up the Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige. It is also on sale at Php99.00 -- the real reason why I bought this. Haha!



This is my first mousse make-up product. I was afraid to get products in mousse form because of my beliefs that it will be cakey on my dry skin.

The packaging holds 12 grams of product, quite huge amount for its price. This is how big it looks on my hand. Take note that I have big hands!

I was a bit hesitant to get one of these because of the shades available. I don't seem to find anything that will suit my skintone. It's either too dark or too yellow, for my taste. Fortunately, I have a friend who uses this exact shade and allowed me to try it myself. That is when I decided that Pure Beige will suit me.


This is how it looks when swatched:

Does this product work for me? Let's see!

What I like about it:
  • Inexpensive -- I got this on its sale price of Php 99.00 (~$2). The original price is Php179.00.
  • You get a lot of product for its inexpensive price. 
  • Conceals my undereye circles -- The picture below is the 'after' picture.

  • Available locally -- Ever Bilena is available in all department stores, Watson's, and dealers.
  • Sealed upon purchase
  • Decent packaging
  • Available in other shades -- I think there are 5 shades available.
  • Stays long enough
  • I had no allergic reactions.
  • Does not cake nor crease -- On me, at least.
  • No need to set with a powder
  • Can double up as a foundation and an eyeshadow primer/base

What I don't like about it:
  • I find it unhygienic to dip my fingers into the product -- The product always get into my nails! Eeeew!
  • Too solid that I usually have a hard time blending it.
  • It has a flowery scent -- I find it annoying.

Will I repurchase?
Maybe yes, maybe no! I think I have to invest into something more worth it. I also prefer liquid concealers since my skin is very dry.

Notes:
  1. I melt the product at the back of my hand prior to application.
  2. I use a brush to pick up the product and blend it with my fingers.
  3. I don't use a powder to set it, that will only make my face look cakey.

Though this product works for me, I am still in search for a better, if not the best, inexpensive concealer. Do you recommend something worth a try? :)

What concealer do you use?

Post a Comment

0 Comments