Advertisement

Review: Kiko Cream Eyeshadow

If a lipstick is for a lip liner, a powder eyeshadow is for a cream eyeshadow. Makes sense? I hope it does. Cream eyeshadows are commonly used as a base for powder eyeshadows. These make the powder adhere to the lids better. Those with dry eyelids can actually wear the cream eyeshadow alone. In my case, I cannot unless I like the creasing appearance of an eyeshadow.


I got these Kiko Cosmetics cream eyeshadows last May but only used it last week. I don't know why I didn't give these the excitement it deserve. I maybe I am not into cream eyeshadows that much. I prefer using just an eye primer to keep my eyeshadow in place.

I got the shades 09 Azurro and 18 Rosa. Blue and pink for short and easy understanding. Haha! They came in a heart-shaped packaging which I dearly love, by the way. 


These are my first cream eyeshadows that came in a pot. These are very creamy which make application a lot easy. I just don't like how its creaminess can be equated to oiliness. I tired using as an eyeshadow alone and guess what? After just 30 minutes, it creased!



Kiko Cosmetics says: Please forgive how it was translated. I just used Google translator.
Eyeshadow cream, bright and pearled, gives a delicate satin effect. Cover can be modulated. Available in 12 color variations.
Price: 1.00 € (about Php62.00)


What I like about it:
  • I got these for free! -- It is still inexpensive for its price.
  • The heart-shaped packaging is super cute! 
  • Easy to apply
  • Has a very smooth texture
  • Perfect when used as an eyeshadow base
  • Available in 12 shades

What I don't like about it:
  • Very oily -- You'll see little to no color after first application.
  • Creases easily
  • Does not dry matte
  • Poor pigmentation!
  • I am not a fan of dip-your-finger-into-the-product type of packaging
  • Packaging does not lock -- There is a chance that the product will be  ruined and/or damaged because the packaging has a huge tendency of opening on its own.
  • Not available locally


Will I repurchase?
 NO! I am quite satisfied with my creamy eyeshadow sticks as bases.

Notes:

  1. I use a brush to apply the product onto my lids. I hate it when product gets stuck inside my nails.
  2. Never use this particular cream eyeshadow alone! This will definitely crease even to those with dry lids.
  3. Pat the powder eyeshadow on top of the cream eyeshadow/base to ensure better adherence.

For more information about the Kiko Cosmetics Cream Eyeshadow, click here or just go to their Kiko Cosmetics' website.


I am eying the NYX Jumbo Pencils, hoping I can get my hands on it soon. Do you recommend a great deal from local resellers?



Post a Comment

0 Comments