Advertisement

Look: Brown Cat Eyes

I am not very creative in giving titles to my look posts titles, hence, the title of this post. Anyways, this look is the first in my series of inspired make-up looks. Don't get me wrong, I will still be making looks out of what I thought will look good on me and many others who might want to do the looks that I do. These inspired looks will only be about recreation of the looks from the professional make-up artists. I am no professional so being able to decently recreate a look done by professional MUA will be a great achievement. Shall we start?


I was inspired by a photograph from a 2009 magazine. I was browsing for articles that I might get interested into when I stumbled into this photo and immediately fell in love with it. I believe that it would look good one me since I see myself in her. Slap me! :)

Sorry for the crappy photo. I took this using a mobile device.
  
Note: Please be advised that I tried to recreate the look with some minor adjustments.  I know that I was not able to achieve the greatness of the entire look but at least I exerted an effort to try. :)

START:
1. Prime the lids. This will make the colors appear more vibrant and will make the eyeshadows last longer than usual.
 
2. Apply a brown cream eyeshadow as a base. Since we are aiming for a cat eye, it would better if we start making the shape this early.

3. Pat on a brown/bronze powder eyeshadow on the inner half the lid. For hooded lids like mine, make sure to go a little above the crease area for the color to be seen.

4. Apply a slightly darker brown/bronze eyeshadow on the outer half.

5. With an orangey brown eyeshadow, blend the harsh edges. This color will also be our transition color. I advise that you blend going through the brow area and following the shape.

6. Once in a while, open your eyes to check if the colors are showing. This step is a must for those with hooded lids. 

7. Accentuate the outer V with a black eyeshadow. Blend!

8. Line the outer half of the lower lashline with the same black eyeshadows and with a gold eyeshadow on the inner half. The gold eyeshadow will make the eyes look open.

9. Line the eyes with a black gel eyeliner or a liquid eyeliner. Of course, go for a cat eye. Overdo it!

10. Line the waterline with a black eyeliner. This will add drama!

11. Curl lashes, and apply mascara. For an even more drama, apply demi lashes.

12. Redefine eyebrows. I am having problems with my eyebrows lately. Urgh!

13. Apply foundation, conceal everything that needs to be concealed, contour face, and apply blush.
Crazy photo! :)

14. Dab on a nude lipstick and DONE!



PRODUCTS USED:
Face
Ever Bilena Pro Flawless Finish Foundation in Golden
Ever Bilena Liquid Concealer in Soft Beige
Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige
Ever Bilena Powder Foundation in Oriental
ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo
ELF Bronzer in Luminance

Eyes
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark
In2It Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
ELF Eye Primer and Sealer
ELF  Cream Eyeshadow
Beauty Treats Eyeshadow Palette
Almay Eyeshadow Trio
K-Palette 1-day Tattoo Eyeliner
Kiko UltraTech Waterproof Mascara
False eyelashes

Lips
Avon UltraMoisture Rich Lipstick in Heaven


I might not be able to totally get the look but at least I was able to grasp the concept. Haha! I hope you like it and until then! :)



Post a Comment

1 Comments

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about my post! :)