Advertisement

Look: Beyonce's Countdown Music Video Inspired Makeup

I am usually hesitant in stepping out of my comfort zone. When it comes to makeup, I am more comfortable wearing neutrals and dark smokey eyes. I am not into cut crease and colorful eye makeup that much but I really do appreciate it. But lately, I got into thinking why should I be hesitant if I know I can stand proud wearing a very bold makeup? Basically, that was the reason why I did this Beyonce's Countdown Music Video Inspired Makeup Look. I actually wore this look out to run some errands and as expected I received those what-is-wrong-with-you stares. I was like in the, "Stare all you want! Do you want me to do this look on you?" attitude so I didn't mind them at all. 
Fake fringes = FAIL!
Let's get started!

I filmed this look but hated it, so it went to the trash bin. You'll definitely notice that I made the look a bit wearable. I toned down all the components of the look, from the cut crease to the liner!

1.  Apply foundation and conceal imperfections. -- Since I was after the Beyonce look, I set my foundation with a dark powder.
2. Lightly redefine eyebrows. -- Notice how I just shaded my natural eyebrows?
3. Apply eyeshadow primer and blend. -- Primers will make the eyeshadow appear more vibrant.

4. Draw in your crease and the shape of the eye makeup with a white eyeliner .

5. Fill in the shape with the same white eyeliner. -- A white base will intensify the color of the eyeshadow.

6. Pat on a yellow gold eyeshadow all over the white base. -- Stay inside the shape!

7. With a smaller brush, put eyeshadow on the inner corners of the eyes and create a little flick on the outer part.

8. Follow the shape of the crease with a dark brown eyeshadow. Blend lightly.

9. With a lighter brown eyeshadow, fade the crease color away. -- This will also help in making a smooth transition from the highlight down to the crease color.

10. Draw the wing of the eyeliner using a black eyeshadow. -- It will be easier to erase this way in case you mess up.

11. Trace it over with a black gel liner. -- Line the lower lash line too, going about 2/3 of the way in.
12. Create a second wing on top of the first wing.

13. Line the waterline with a white eyeliner and highlight the browbones.

14. Curl lashes, apply mascara and put on false eyelashes (optional!)

15. Apply a bronzer all over the cheeks and a pink lipgloss on the lips. 


And you're done! 

Go ahead and be Beyonce for a day! :) This look is perfect for Halloween parties in case you want don't want to look scary and terrifying. Just wear that big hat and you're good to go!

PRODUCTS USED:
Face
Ever Bilena Pro Flawless Finish Foundation in Golden
Ever Bilena Mousse Concealer in Pure Beige
Sally Hansen Pressed Powder
ELF Bronzer

Eyes
ELF Eyebrow Kit in Dark
Fashion 21 White Eyeliner
LuLu Makeup Arabian Palette
Fanny Serrano Gel Liner
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Mascara

Lips
ELF Luscious Lipstick in Baby Lips

More inspired looks soon! :)








I will try to make tutorial videos tomorrow and I hope that it'll turn out pretty well. If not, I might scrap the idea of getting into YouTube. I'll remake the look I wore on Philippine Fashion Week. :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments