Advertisement

Review: ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set

Happiest Wednesday to all of us! :)

I am, indeed, happy! I over-extended the long weekend and decided to stay away from all the bad vibes. And now, I feel good -- physically and emotionally! Having a time for yourself and your loved ones is priceless. How I wish I can always have those kind of times! :)

Anyways, I am back in reality with a review! I am very excited to try out ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set when I saw it as a part of the loot my darling Papa sent me (read it HERE). For an inexpensive makeup hunter like me, the staying power of makeup can sometimes be sacrificed due to price consideration. Most, if not all, long-lasting makeup are expensively priced! That is basically why I researched for something that would hold my makeup in place. I encountered so many setting mists and sprays but again, everything is way over my budget. Fortunately, I was lucky to stumble upon the one from ELF. Who can go wrong for $3?


The ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set is my first facial mist. I know Etude House and Tony Moly carry facial sprays but I never had the chance to try it. I love how this mist and set spray promises to hold makeup in place longer than usual. That means, no sliding and gliding! 





ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set:
Keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting invisible hold.
Spray on after makeup application to set makeup in place or during the day for a quick touchup to refresh.
The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber and Vitamins A, C & E.
The lightweight comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.
 Directions: After you have applied your makeup, spray a light mist 12-16 inches from your face with eyes closed to set your makeup in place or use for a quick touch up throughout the day to refresh your makeup. Let it dry naturally or blot with a tissue to help speed dry.




What I LIKE about it:
  • Inexpensive
  • My makeup stayed in place the whole day! -- Or just until I decided to wash it off.
  • Keeps my makeup from sliding and running off my face.
  • Leaves a nice matte finish
  • Very easy to use. -- You just have to spray on to face after makeup application.
  • A little amount goes a long way. -- Since it is a spray, the product is spread with just one spritz. So 2 to 3 sprays are enough for the entire face.
  • No strong smell
  • Does not irritate my skin
  • Does not feel sticky and oily


What I DON'T LIKE about it:
  • The spray nozzle can be wonky at times. -- It sometimes does not spray the product as a 'mist'.
  • Others may find the scent weird, but it'll last for only a couple of seconds.
  • Not available locally. :(


Will I repurchase?
YES! I hope local ELF counters would carry this product soon.




Notes:
  1. The effectiveness of this product may vary. Take note that I have dry skin and that makeup sliding off my face is on very minimal occurence.
  2. Keep eyes and mouth closed when spraying the mist on to the face.
  3. DO NOT over-mist or you'll end up washing the makeup off your face. It can also cause the run off eyeliners and mascaras.
  4. Spray from a far.
  5. The nozzle can be a little weird so transferring it to another spray bottle is recommended. 



    Do I need to say more? I am loving this product and I recommend it to everyone who's having a hard time making their makeup stay on their faces. I am yet to try the ones from other brands to see if it'll work the same or much better. :)



    * Photos are needed as proofs! Thank you Ms. Marge of Kikay Trekkie for reminding me. :)


    This was how I look before I left our house at around 1PM.

    This was taken at around 7PM or almost 6 hours after.
    Photo from ThirdWorldFashion. Thanks, Gie!
    And juts before we went home at around 11PM.
    Photo from The Girly Diaries. Thanks, Yna! :)
    The lighting may have caused a huge difference but hey, it's noticeable that I still have my foundation on in pictures! :)

    Post a Comment

    0 Comments