Advertisement

Look: Smokey Plum

At my age, playtime means a quality time with my favorite toys, makeup! I created this look when I was home alone and had nothing to do. I love how plum and gold looks together on my aunt's dress so I decided to use the same color combination using my kind of art. :)


If you know me well, you probably know how much I love to have my makeup extra dramatic. I like how it instantly enhances my villain-ish features. This Smokey Plum Makeup Look is perfect for parties and nightouts. You can still sport this look this coming prom! :)

Note: Please forgive the messy hair and loose top, I just got out of shower and forgot to fix my hair and change into decent clothes before taking photos of myself.

START:
1. Start with a cleansed and moisturized face. Skip foundation and concealer first, we're working with dark eyeshadows. -- Warning: This is how I look without ANY makeup on!

2. Prime the eyelids.

3. Apply a black cream eyeshadow or a black eyeliner all over the lids as a base. Blend.


4. Pat on a plum e/s on top of the black base. --For eyelids like mine, you may want to extend the color a bit higher than the crease.

5. Use a light violet shimmery e/s to blend the edged of the plum e/s. -- For a sexier smokey look, go for a cat eye!


6. Apply a shimmery light pink e/s on the brow bone. Blend the edges with the violet e/s.

7. Line the outer 2/3 of the lower lash line with the same plum e/s. Brush the edges with the same violet e/s.

8. Highlight the brow area with a matte peach e/s. 

9. Dab a little amount of pink cream e/s on the inner tearducts and inner 1/3 of the lower lashline.

10. Pat on a gold e/s on top of the pink base to highlight the area.

11. Line the eyes with a black eyeliner. -- You may use a pencil, gel or liquid.

12. Line the upper and lower waterlines with a black kohl liner.

13. Curl lashes and apply generous amount of mascara.

14. For a more dramatic kick, pop on some false eyelashes.

15. Lightly redefine the eyebrows.

16. Apply foundation and conceal imperfections.


17. Contour the hollows of the cheeks and sides of the nose . Apply a natural-looking pink blush on the apples of the cheeks. Highlight the nose bridge and cheekbones.


18. Swipe on a plum-colored (or light pink) lipstick and you're DONE!

More photos!





With some enhancements:

PRODUCTS USED:
Face
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Natural Beige
Koh Gen Do Moisture Concealer
ELF Natural Radiance Blush in Shy
ELF Bronzing Powder in Luminance

Eyes
Wet n' Wild Ultimate Brow Kit
ELF Eyelid Primer
ELF Everyday Eye Edition
MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder
Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara

Lips
Avon Ultra Color Rich Mega Impact Lipstick in Personified Plum


I hope you like the look! :)


Post a Comment

0 Comments